Springfield, Chicopee, Longmeadow, West Springfield, Westfield, Belchertown, East Longmeadow, Ludlow, and Wilbraham, MA
Have you been told you're not a candidate for dental implants because you lack bone in your upper jaw? If so, then now is the time to get a second opinion. Baystate Dental PC now offers a new type of implant-zygomatic implant therapy. Zygomatic implants offer a unique alternative for patients with severely resorbed upper jaws, with only one surgical procedure and without having to do a bone graft!
The Baystate Dental PC mission is to allow partially or completely edentulous patients to eat and smile with confidence. Unlike traditional dental implant techniques which require bone grafts routinely, bone grafts can be avoided in nearly 100% of all zygomatic implant cases.
With zygomatic implant technology, patients missing most or all of their teeth can now have fixed prostheses supported by dental implants done in a straight-forward procedure, requiring less overall time, minimal surgical trauma resulting in maximum aesthetics, function and comfort.
Patients are encouraged to call implant dentists in Springfield, Drs. Coughlin and Circosta for an evaluation to discuss their specific treatment recommendations.
The use of a variety of dental implants, including traditional implants, tilted implants, and zygomatic implants allows our approach to be less invasive and less traumatic for patients. This is especially true in the difficult-to-restore upper arch. The upper jaw has traditionally been one of the hardest areas to successfully place a dental implant due to the lack of bone quantity and quality, and the close proximity to the sinus. If you've lost bone in that area due to periodontal disease, tooth loss, or any other reason, you may not have enough bone to place a traditional implant, but you may be a perfect candidate for a zygomatic implant. These implants, coupled with the placement of a Marius Bridge, deliver a finished product without compromising esthetics, speech, maintenance, or comfort.
Re-construction of the lower jaw is also usually completed without the need for a bone graft. The most utilized procedure, and the one that provides the closest result to natural teeth is the fixed bridge attached to 4-6 implants.
Developed by Swedish Professor P.I. Branemark, zygomatic implants offer the option of total rehabilitation of a severely resorbed maxilla (upper jaw) without having to do a bone graft, and with only one surgical procedure.
Zygomatic implants, which are longer than a traditional implant, are anchored to the upper jawbone into the dense zygoma bone and within three days of surgery fixed teeth can be placed. It takes about four months for the implant to fully connect to the bone (a process called osseointegration) and after that, a final bridge of acrylic or porcelain can be made.
If you'd like to learn more about zygomatic implants and find out if you are a candidate for them, please call us now at (877) 507-1616 or email our implant dentists in MA to schedule a consultation..
- Wonderful staff and a doctor who walked me through it all step by step, along with a great assistant, Kate S.! Thank you! I'll be back for my crown soon.
- Yelena Z., Southwick, MA
- Your Doctors and staff show a genuine concern for your patients' comfort and well being. Everyone is professional as well as personable.
- Allan, Westfield, MA
- Baystate Dental has given me the confidence in myself to seek treatment without shame and provided me with constant encouragement to come back, fully dressed with my smile, in order to make my smile the best it can be. - Samantha P., Brockton, MA
- I can finally smile now without any broken teeth. It is a great feeling to go for my cleaning and not need anything else!
- Lisa C., Belchertown, MA
- I have succeeded as a magician because of the smile they helped me achieve... without their help, my life would literally not be the same.
- Paul P., Springfield, MA
- I really can't say "thank you" enough to everyone there but what I can say is I am a proud patient of Baystate Dental and always will be.
- Sara S., Ludlow, MA
- When I found Baystate Dental PC, it was like hitting the jackpot! I have never experienced such great care, compassion and excellent customer service!
- Jody H., Hadley, MA
- The preparation, time, knowledge and caring that I received at Baystate Dental was extraordinary and very promising.
- Debbie D., Belchertown, MA
- From the moment I walk through the door, I feel relaxed. The waiting room is small and never busy and I am greeted right away with a smile.
- Donna S., Broad Brook, CT
- My smile has been able to break language and cultural barriers and is the universal symbol of peace and friendship.
- Mark K., West Springfield, MA
- I just want to thank you and your staff for one of the best dental visits we have ever experienced with our children ever!
- Guy and Krystle M.
- Dr. Coughlin helped me get through it. So then I could enjoy the holidays. Thank you Dr. Coughlin and Baystate Dental!
- John Q., Longmeadow, MA
- The front desk staff and dental assistant were so friendly and took time to explain everything to me. It was the nicest dental visit I've ever had! Thank you!
- Melissa N.
- I want to thank Amy, Patty and Dr. Circosta at the Ludlow office for their kindness, compassion and wonderful care.
- Michelle L., Monson, MA